YOU’LL NEVER CHANGE YOUR LIFE UNTIL YOU CHANGE SOMETHING YOU DO DAILY. THE SECRET OF YOUR SUCCESS IS FOUND IN YOUR DAILY ROUTINE. – JOHN C. MAXWELL
I read somewhere recently that it takes 21 days to build a habit and 90 days to build a lifestyle.
I actually printed this out and posted it on my bulletin board because its a good reminder that things don’t just magically happen over night. Good habits take time and if you want something to stick, you have to train your brain to do it everyday until it becomes second nature.
I wish I could say that I’m a creature of habit but I’m not.
Forming habits doesn’t come easy for me at all. I get tired and bored of doing the same thing over and over again, real fast! That’s why diets are extremely hard for me as well as sticking to a workout regimen. For the average person, forming habits takes time. For me, forming a new habit is short of a miracle.
You know those people who can eat the same thing over and over and over again. Or wear the same outfits over and over and drink the same exact smoothie every morning? I am not that person. I need change and variety in my life so it’s really hard for me to stay disciplined enough to see results. Raise your hand if you’re also like this!
Since habit forming is such a challenge for me, I decided to create list of things that I want to (eventually) accomplish doing every day. But for now, I challenge you to pick one item from this list and try doing it every day for 21 days. Then once you’ve mastered it, add another item.
So far I have mastered numbers 2, 3, 4, and 10 and working reaaaally hard towards number 1 and number 5.
- Wake up and go to bed early
- Make your bed. EVERY MORNING
- Drink a big glass of water as soon as you wake up
- Workout until you sweat
- Mediate morning and evening
- Put on clothes that make you feel good, even if you’re at home all day
- Write out your goals to remind yourself what you’re working towards
- Make a plan for your day
- Spend an hour on your one thing
- Have a green smoothie
- Do one thing you’ve been putting off
- Dedicate one hour to learning: books, podcasts, online courses
- Come up with 1 new idea
- Post a thought online – a short blog post, picture, or new idea
- Go outside for a walk
- Give a smile or complement a stranger
- Declutter 1 item every day
- Send someone you know a nice message, text, or email
- Gratitude – Think of 3 things you appreciate in your life
- Review the day – what worked and what didn’t?
- Make a list for tomorrow to clear your mind before you sleep
PEOPLE DO NOT DECIDE THEIR FUTURE. THEY DECIDE THEIR HABITS AND THEIR HABITS DECIDE THEIR FUTURE. – F.M. ALEXANDER
Guys! Let’s do this together! Try one of these habits for 21 days and let me know how it goes!
Hit me up and leave me a comment with what habits you’ve mastered or which ones you’re struggling with. Or if I’ve missed something on my list, let me know in the comments below!
We got this!