San Diego is best known for its beautiful beaches, blue skies and 75 degree weather all year long which is why it makes for the perfect destination for a family vacation.
Coronado Beach on Coronado Island is by far our favorite out of all the beaches in San Diego.
- It’s huge and about a 1.5-mile long so you wont ever need to fight for space with other beach goers.
- The beach is calm and the waves aren’t too rough making it perfect for kids and swimmers.
- If you arrive early, you can score parking right on Ocean Blvd for free. Drive around and check out the mansions while you’re here.
- Behind the beach is the iconic Hotel Del Coronado.
- Hotel Del has beach bars and outdoor restaurants right on the beach open to the public so it’s a great place for lunch, snack or dinner with a gorgeous view of the ocean.
- The sunsets are phenomenal.
- Because of its large space, kids have plenty of room to run around.
- It’s ideal to hold events or large gatherings and parties due to its wide open space and easy access from Ocean Blvd.
- You can take a stroll through historic downtown Coronado where you will find more restaurants, shops and hotels.
We love hanging out outside of the Hotel Del. They have benches and a big grassy area right outside perfect for watching the sunset and letting the kids burn off some energy. On any given day, you will find numerous people having photo shoots here!
On the other side of the resort, near the Coronado bridge is the Ferry Landing. Here you will find a bunch of great restaurants with amazing views of the Bay.
During our visit, we celebrated our baby’s Christening at Il Fornaio Restaurant located next to the Coronado Ferry Plaza. Our party of 35 were seated in a private section in the back which has its own door that leads directly outside.
It was the perfect setting on a gorgeous Saturday afternoon!
Parents Magazine named Coronado in its Top 10 U.S. Beaches so if you are ever in San Diego, make sure to spend a day or two in Coronado.
What I’m Wearing