The power of lemon water is real! I was a skeptic but now I’m a believer. Read on to find out why!
I started drinking lemon water about 5 months ago because I had read of all the benefits associated with it. I was struggling with post baby weight and not really feeling my best. I knew that it all stemmed with what I was putting in my body because I wasn’t watching what I ate and really not exercising all that much besides the occasional walk. So as much as I cringe at the thought of downing a glass of warm sour lemon water first thing in the morning, I sucked it up and did it.
This is what happened to me after a few months of drinking warm lemon water first thing in the morning.
- I got rid of excess water and bloating. I didn’t realize how much water I was retaining and the proof was in the amount of bathroom trips I would take throughout the day.
- I started to see clearer skin and was seeing less breakouts. Apparently this is due to the vitamin C.
- It helped me flush my digestive system and I became more regular (TMI?).
- It hydrated my body. I noticed that my skin and lips weren’t as dry as they used to be.
- I felt an increase in my energy levels throughout the day. I didn’t need caffeine as much (although I still drink my occasional black coffee).
- I lost weight. At one point, I lost 4 pounds in 1 week in addition to eating a healthy diet and exercise.
- It helped to strengthen my immune system. I was getting fewer colds and did not get sick even when the kids caught a cold. In the past when the kids would get sick, I immediately would catch it from them.
- It helped regulate my blood pressure. I suffered from postpartum pre-eclamsia when I gave birth to Emilia and for months I was on blood pressure medication to help regulate it and keep it down. When I started drinking lemon water, I noticed that my blood pressure was improving quite significantly. I am positive it was due to the combination of healthy eating, exercise and lemon water.
- It helped to suppress my hunger. You’re supposed to wait 20 minutes after drinking lemon water before you eat or drink anything. What I found was when I was ready to eat, I wasn’t feeling famished like I did in the past. A cup of black coffee and two scrambled eggs was sufficient for my breakfast and would tie me over until lunch time.
- It helped me stick to a routine and kicked my day off on a healthy start. I was more cognizant of eating a healthier diet throughout the day.
Have you tried drinking lemon water in the morning? I’m telling you, it is amazing what it does to your body in just a few short months. I’m sure there are way more benefits that what I’ve listed here. I would love to hear your experience so leave me a comment below!